Earlier, we announced that Spotify has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Parcast. The company is a premier storytelling-driven podcast studio and, on the heels of the Gimlet and Anchor acquisitions, Parcast will help advance our goal of becoming the world’s leading audio platform.
Here are five fast facts about today’s news.
- Max Cutler founded Parcast in 2016. Since then, the company has launched eighteen premium series.
- Parcast’s home base is Los Angeles, California, where the company has two studios and over twenty employees.
- You can count the highly popular Unsolved Murders, Cult, Serial Killers and Conspiracy podcasts among Parcast’s high-end, scripted crime and mystery shows.
- These genres are particularly appealing to women—over seventy-five percent of the Parcast audience is female.
- Parcast will continue to develop its unique stories. In fact, there are more than twenty new scripted shows focused on topics like crimes of passion, the justice system, and the world’s most resilient survivors slated to launch later this year.
Want to learn more? Check out the press release here.