Spotify Supergrouper Lets Fans Mix and Match Their Favorite Artists Into the Band of Their Dreams
Over the years, fans have been surprised by collaborations between their favorite artists onstage and in the recording booth. Remember when Gorillaz and Madonna performed together at the Grammys? How about when Aerosmith and Run-D.M.C. came together for “Walk This Way?” The possibilities are endless for these creative partnerships—and fans have plenty of dream groupings of their own. Enter Supergrouper, a Spotify in-app experience that invites music fans in the U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines to create and share their ultimate all-star assemblies of artists.
Look at your playlists and liked songs on Spotify; you’ll probably notice that the artists you listen to don’t fit into one genre or era. But perhaps you can imagine, say, Luke Combs performing side by side with Khalid and Florence + The Machine.
Maybe they come from different parts of the world, maybe some have passed on, or maybe they just haven’t had a reason to come together—yet. Supergrouper gives you the power to bring together your dream band of artists and share your creative combinations with friends and fellow fans. Here’s how:
- First and foremost, make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date.
- Visit https://spotify.com/supergrouper on your mobile device.
- Choose your artists: Select the artists you’d like in your dream band. You’ll also get to select their roles, whether “The Lead,” “The Lyricist,” “The Hypeman,” and more. If you’re stuck, you can let Spotify randomize artists for you based on your listening habits.
- Add a name: Take your personalization one step further and give your super group a special name.
- Share and listen: Supergrouper will create a personalized playlist for you that features music from all of your super group artists. Plus, you’ll receive a custom card to share with friends and followers on social media.
Although there’s no guarantee your favorite artists will get together onstage or in the studio, Supergrouper lets you do the next-best thing. Now, you can really imagine—or even try to manifest—a collaboration between Mariah Carey, Charlie Puth, and Maluma.
What are you waiting for? Put your music director hat on and head to spotify.com/supergrouper to start creating the world’s next music super group.