With Spotify, you can listen to your favorite music and podcasts anytime, anywhere. With Snapchat, you can share what you’re up to instantaneously. Soon you’ll be able to combine the two seamlessly and share what you’re listening to in a Snap [story].
As part of a new integration, all Spotify users who have the Snapchat app installed will be able to share your favorite tracks, playlists, albums, and podcasts right to Snapchat for sharing with friends directly or posting to your Story. Here’s how:
- Tap the “share” menu (three dots on the right of the screen) while you’re listening to any song, album, artist, or podcast.
- Select “Snapchat” from the dropdown list.
- Snapchat will open a new Snap with the full album art included.
- Edit and send—whether to a few people or to your Story!
If a friend sends you a Snap with a song, playlist, artist profile, or podcast rec included, you can start streaming with a few quick steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the context card with song, artist, playlist, or podcast info.
- Spotify will open and play away! (If you don’t have the Spotify app yet, download it for free here.)
With this new way of sharing, it’s quicker and easier for friends to share what they’re listening to — and for others to start listening.
Look out for the integration, rolling out soon across iOS and Android devices.