Ahh, summer. Time for long days, warm nights, and outdoor adventures. While this year may look a little different in many parts of the world, one thing’s for sure: music will continue to be the backdrop for the best moments the season has to offer.
So what songs are most likely to soundtrack summer 2020? We turned to our global curation team to find out. They took a look into their crystal ball (a.k.a. current streaming numbers and trends) to come up with Spotify’s official Songs of Summer predictions. The songs that rack up the most streams by summer’s end will join the ranks of past top songs, including Drake’s “In My Feelings” and Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello’s “Señorita.”
Speaking of which—for those who are feeling a bit nostalgic for summer days gone by, we’re bringing back an oldie but goodie: Your Summer Rewind. This personalized playlist is comprised of songs listeners had on heavy rotation during previous summers.
Songs of Summer Predictions
From hip-hop to indie, our 2020 Songs of Summer predictions have a little something for everyone.
Our list includes new hits like DaBaby’s “ROCKSTAR (feat. Roddy Ricch)” and Megan Thee Stallion’s “Savage Remix” (featuring Beyoncé), as well as older tracks like “Watermelon Sugar” by Harry Styles, which was released in 2019 but remains a fan favorite. Plus, as the cultural conversation has shifted on ways to support the Black community, two songs in particular have made a comeback: “This is America” by Childish Gambino and “Alright” by Kendrick Lamar, both of which are likely to be on repeat all summer long.
And now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for. In no particular order, our list of summer 2020 predictions.
- “ROCKSTAR” by DaBaby, feat. Roddy Ricch
- “Watermelon Sugar” by Harry Styles
- “TKN” by Rosalia, feat. Travis Scott
- “The Bigger Picture” by Lil Baby
- “Savage Remix” by Megan Thee Stallion, feat. Beyoncé
- “Rain On Me” by Lady Gaga, feat. Ariana Grande
- “Stunnin’” by Curtis Waters, Harm Franklin
- “BLACK PARADE” by Beyoncé
- “Yo Perreo Sola” by Bad Bunny
- “Party Girl” by StaySolidRocky
- “Are You Bored Yet?” by Wallows, feat. Cairo
- “Do It” by Chloe x Halle
- “Alright” by Kendrick Lamar
- “Don’t Rush” by Young T & Bugsey, feat. Headie One
- “Can I Call You Tonight?” by Dayglow
- “ily (i love you baby)” by Surf Mesa, feat. Emilee
- “I Can’t Breathe” by H.E.R.
- “This Is America” by Childish Gambino
- “Chasin’ You” by Morgan Wallen
- “Hasta Que Dios Diga” by Anuel AA, Bad Bunny
- “Waiting For” by rum.gold, feat. Jamila Woods
- “Breaking Me” by Topic, A7S
- “Control” by Zoe Wees
- “Deep End Freestyle” by Sleepy Hallow, Fousheé
- “DOLLAZ ON MY HEAD” by Gunna, feat. Young Thug
Ready to get sunglass season started? Stream the official Songs of Summer playlist—which will update all summer long with the hottest hits—below.
Your Summer Rewind
Even if you can’t travel very far this summer, you can take a trip down memory lane with Your Summer Rewind playlist. For each user who has streamed songs during the summer in previous years, we’ve pulled together a personalized mix of past summer jams sure to send you daydreaming. Starting today, the playlist is available to Free and Premium listeners in the Northern Hemisphere on iOS and Android.
If you’re looking for even more music, or are new to Spotify this summer, we’ve got you covered like SPF 50 and a wide-brimmed hat. Check out our Summer Hub to find everything from Your Summer Rewind to a mix of the hottest playlists and podcasts to liven up your summer. Stay cool.