Creators worldwide have been busy this year chasing audio inspiration—and in the process have added nearly 1.5 million podcast titles to Spotify over the past year. So this International Podcast Day, there’s quite a lot to celebrate.
Leading the storytelling charge are Taiwan, Colombia, Japan, Spain, Peru, India, Turkey, the Philippines, France, Poland, Argentina, Italy, and the Netherlands. These 13 markets showed the largest growth in their catalog offerings in the last year, with new podcasts across all sorts of genres, topics, and themes.
And this global audio boom shows no signs of slowing down, which is exciting news for listeners, who have more options than ever to fit their tastes. But our growing catalog also poses a challenge for newbies and audio experts alike as they try to narrow down the next track or even the first episode to add to their queue.
So to celebrate International Podcast Day this year, we’re making the choice simple with our Find the One experience. Answer a handful of questions and let us help you find your perfect podcast match. The experience is available to listeners in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, and Australia and gives recommendations inspired by your Spotify listening habits.
But that’s not the only way to discover new podcasts tailored to your tastes. Though each user is unique, we have found that some listeners who share a favorite artist also share a favorite podcast. We followed the data . . . and found some of the shows hitting all the right notes.
Many fans of snappy rhymes and rhythm are drawn to . . . horoscopes, gaming, and comedy.
- It’s a sign! Some Bad Bunny fans are known to be at one with the stars and often listen to Horóscopo de Hoy.
- Meme-king Lil Nas X draws a gamer audience with a number of listeners favoring TommyInnit Podcast.
- Much of Kendrick Lamar’s following appreciates a quick wit! They can be found chuckling with The Tiny Meat Gang Podcast and The H3 Podcast.
- Nothing gets by the BeyHive. When they’re not singing to Beyoncé, many fans are busy analyzing every lyric with Dissect. (After all, the podcast did dissect her album Black Is King.)
For plenty of listeners, pop melodies and talk shows go hand-in-hand.
- Lady Gaga’s Little Monsters are getting their dose of beauty, drag, and comedy with The Bald and the Beautiful with Trixie Mattel and Katya Zamo and Race Chaser with Alaska & Willam.
- Relationship woes are no match for Olivia Rodrigo and Call Her Daddy, which share a listenership.
- Quite a few of Ed Sheeran’s fans are also armcherries. When they’re not jamming out, they might just be listening and learning with Dax Shepard on Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard.
Rock ‘n rollers are hard to pin down.
- Could the Coldplay crowd enjoy a peek behind the curtain? Quite a number of them are nodding along to Renegades: Born in the USA, which features conversations between President Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen.
- Some of The Beatles listeners also enjoy comedy with Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend and Office Ladies.
Country fans are hooked on the world around them.
- Lots of Maren Morris listeners are also devotees of the New York Times pod The Daily.
- Some Zac Brown Band streamers are drawn to NPR News Now and The Ben Shapiro Show.
- And when they’re not signing along to Luke Combs, fans might be found practicing their duck calls with the stars of TV hit Duck Dynasty on Duck Call Room.
Plus, we noticed a few patterns across our listeners.
These are just a few of the most popular podcasts among some of our artists’ listeners. For those in search of something new, Spotify also has plenty of podcasts to enjoy this season, so be sure to mark your calendars.
Launching this week:
- 9/27: Host Ace Hood explores the story of rapper YNW Melly and the murders that tore one Florida town apart on Infamous: The Story of YNW Melly.
- 9/28: Start the first episodes of 544 Days, which navigates the high-stakes world of nuclear diplomacy and the story of hostage Jason Rezaian.
- 9/29: Young finance expert Lauren Simmons helps listeners make money work for them on Mind Body Wealth with Lauren Simmons.
Bonus: Today at 6 PM EST, Spotify Greenroom will close the day with listeners’ favorite podcasts with hosts Gigi Robinson and Jayson Buford. Sign up for Greenroom to tune in and follow your favorite shows here.
Now it’s time to find your next favorite show. Celebrate International Podcast Day by exploring the “Find the One” experience for a personalized podcast recommendation.