Pick Out the Perfect Father’s Day Gift With a Little Help From Spotify
Father’s Day is just around the corner, which means it’s time to find a gift dad will love. Do they need a new Bluetooth speaker for their backyard cookouts? What about a better way to consume podcasts in the car during their morning commute? Or maybe they could benefit from a good pair of wireless headphones. Whatever it may be, there are a variety of perfect gift options that also integrate easily with Spotify to deliver an experience perfect for music and podcast discovery.
Check out these gift ideas to help you get started:
- Car Thing: Spotify’s smart player provides a seamless and personalized in-car listening experience. Just in time for Father’s Day, it will be available for a limited time at $69.99 (normally $89.99). Whether it’s their daily commute or the next family road trip, your dad can easily listen to their favorite music and podcasts using “Hey Spotify” voice commands, as well as with simple taps, turns, and swipes.
- Ikea Vappeby Speaker: This Bluetooth speaker lamp is perfect for dads who enjoy the great outdoors. And thanks to Spotify Tap, the perfect soundtrack to their adventure is just a single button push away.
- Philips Hue Light Bulbs: Dads may love to complain when people leave the lights on, but even they can’t resist these Spotify-integrated light bulbs. Once they’re synced up, they’ll flash, dim, brighten, and change color right along with the beat, mood, genre, and tempo of any music on Spotify.
- Sony LinkBuds: Whether they’re concentrating in the office or hard at work in the yard, a pair of wireless headphones is a handy accessory for any dad. With a pair of these plugged into their ears, they can jump into their favorite songs with Spotify Tap.
- Spotify Premium Gift Card: Want to introduce dad to your favorite new song or podcast? How about giving them a new way to find old favorites? A gift card is the perfect way to get them started on Spotify Premium, where they can enjoy music without ads, with unlimited skips, and with the ability to go offline and keep listening.
Gift a custom playlist made just for dad
So what pairs perfectly with shiny new audio gear? A good selection of tunes, of course. And nothing says “I’m thinking of you” like a custom playlist. Create a playlist with all of dad’s favorite tracks and podcasts—and even take the extra step of adding custom cover art, a name, and a description.
Need some inspo? Here are the top songs users in the U.S. typically stream on Father’s Day: “Margaritaville” by Jimmy Buffet, “Father and Son” by Yusuf / Cat Stevens, “Good Good Father” by Chris Tomlin, “My Way” by Frank Sinatra, “Daughters” by John Mayer, “Dance with my Father” by Luther Vandross, and “Suavemente” by Elvis Crespo.
Some of the top artists streamed on Father’s Day going back to 2016 include Jimmy Buffet, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Marc Anthony, Vincente Fernandez, Bob Marley & The Wailers, and Steely Dan.
This Father’s Day, give your dad the gift of music and discovery! And for the perfect Father’s Day soundtrack, be sure to check out the playlist Father’s Day Love: