Last year, we announced that U.S. listeners could ask their Amazon Alexa devices to play their favorite podcasts. Starting today, listeners in 11 new markets—Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, Austria, and Ireland—can ask Alexa to do the same.
Podcasts delight, entertain, inform, and inspire people across the world, and there’s always more to stream, for both Free and Premium listeners. Now with Alexa, you can get listening to any of the millions more on Spotify—just by using your voice.
Ready to get started? Setup is easy, and only takes a few moments:
- Go to the Amazon Alexa App.
- Open the menu, head to Settings, then Music & Podcasts.
- If Spotify is not connected, tap “Link New Service” and select Spotify.
- Link your Spotify account to your Alexa account.
- If you’re in Brazil, Mexico, Germany, or the UK, tap “Default Services,” and then select Spotify as the default podcast service.
- Say “Alexa, play [your podcast of choice] podcast on Spotify” and get listening!
Not sure what to start with? New podcasts from every market and in many languages are increasingly available on Spotify. Just check out a few that have come out in each of the markets where Alexa is available this year:
- UK and Ireland – Tune in as Harry Pinero and Henrie celebrate Black music and culture in the latest season of Who We Be TALKS_.
- India – Be an armchair detective with Bhaskar Bose as he solves cases that range from missing bodies from graveyards to murders on a film set in his inimitable style.
- Brazil – Start your day with Café da Manhã, a Spotify Original news show.
- Mexico – Fausto, a Spotify Original true crime podcast, is sure to leave you on the edge of your seat.
- France – Brut. provides the keys to understanding current affairs and creating conversation with short podcasts on topics that affect younger generations.
- Germany & Austria – Take a listen as climate activist Luisa Neubauer discusses the global climate crisis with leading experts, activists, and individuals in 1,5 Grad.
- Spain – Entiende Tu Mente explores the psychology behind your greatest fears and inhibitions.
- Italy – Tune in to the latest in culture and society with Muschio Selvaggio.
- Canada – Dig into Recipe Club, an all-new podcast series from David Chang and Chris Ying, which will feature different recipes for well-known dishes from somewhere across the culinary universe.
To learn more about playing podcasts on all your Alexa devices at home, head to the Amazon Alexa Explore Spotify page.
*Update February 4, 2021: Listeners in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand can now ask Amazon Alexa devices to play their favorite podcasts.
*Update March 31, 2021: Listeners in Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru, Sweden, Poland, and the Netherlands can now ask Amazon Alexa devices to play their favorite podcasts.
*Update April 28, 2021: Listeners in Belgium and Switzerland can now ask Amazon Alexa devices to play their favorite podcasts.
*Update May 26, 2021: Listeners in Singapore, Denmark, and Norway can now ask Amazon Alexa devices to play their favorite podcasts.
*Update June 16, 2021: Listeners in Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines can now ask Amazon Alexa devices to play their favorite podcasts.